This is a brief overview of booking policies and rental / house rules for Bearly Behavin.
•NO smoking inside the cabin (that includes non-tobacco substances including Vaping) any violations of this policy will result in immediate eviction with NO REFUND and loss of any security deposit held.
•NO house parties / NO bachelor or bachelorette parties, NO chaperoned / student / school groups.
•Events only by advance WRITTEN permission from the Owners; Separate "event" insurance may be required to be purchased by the Guest with Owners named as co-beneficiaries.
•For advance reservations: If balance due is not paid in full by due date, the booking will be canceled and Owners will retain any payments made to date.
•Primary Guest must be at least 21 years of age to rent, and be present during the entire stay.
•Rental Agreement signed by Primary Guest and valid photo ID may be required. If those items are not received within 72 hours from booking acceptance, we reserve the right to cancel your booking and issue a refund.
•No third party rentals . For example, a parent cannot rent our property for their child(ren) who are under minimum age; Property cannot be rented for someone else if the requestor will not be staying at the property OR not staying at the property throughout the entire duration of rental period. Guest signing the Rental Agreement must be the same one who provides valid photo ID.
•Minors under 18 can only stay with parent, legal guardian or responsible adult present at the property, and must never be left at the property unsupervised.
•Any booking requests are conditional upon Owners' approval. If we do not approve the booking, we reserve a right to cancel/decline and issue a refund (if applicable) expeditiously.
•No occupancy above stated limit at any time. Number of guests in the Rental Agreement must include ALL adults and ALL children - no matter how young. We do not charge extra fees per person (our rate is the same whether property is rented by 2, 3, or 4 people) but we enforce occupancy rules to ensure fire safety codes observance and preventing overload of cabin's mechanicals and septic systems.
•NO PETS. If Guest brings pets or evidence of pet presence is discovered, Guests will be required to vacate the property immediately, with the rent and deposit money forfeited. No refund of any kind will be given under such circumstances.
•Reservations made under false pretenses will be deemed canceled. Guest and everyone in their party will be denied entry to the property; If Guests are already checked in, their stay will be terminated and they will be required to vacate the property immediately. No refund of any kind will be given under such circumstances.
• Availability is real time and may change after quote is given. Property is not reserved until deposit (or full balance) is paid and booking is accepted/approved by Owner.
• Security/Rental Deposit (as applicable) will be refunded/released within 14 days after check-out if there are no damages or excessive cleaning required (See the sample Rental Agreement below for more details).
• In the event Guest wishes to terminate this agreement, Travel Insurance, Damage Deposit and any processing or administration fees are non-refundable. Processing fees will be 5% of the amount to be refunded.
• 60 day cancellation policy - We will issue a full refund of amounts paid if bookings is cancelled by Guest 60 or more days before their original scheduled check-in (less fees mentioned above). For cancellations after 60 day window, and BEFORE 30 days prior to check-in, we will refund 50% of amount paid (less fees mentioned above). We may also consider changing your dates to a later date of stay on request. This will be considered on a case by case basis. "No refund" policy will apply to the rescheduled reservation. If the new dates are priced at higher rate that original dates of stay, the difference will be added to the balance due. If the new dates are at the lower rate, no refund or credit will be issued. No refund or transfer request will be given 30 days before check-in.
• We strongly recommend obtaining Travel/Cancellation Insurance for your trip especially if your stay is during winter months, or if you are concerned about possible cancellation. If you are booking via our website of via quote sent to you by us, you will be able to purchase Travel insurance at check out.
• Payments accepted: personal or cashiers check, money order (at least 35 days prior to check in date), major credit cards and PayPal. Credit card processing fee may apply. For reservations made via 3rd party sites (AirBnB, VRBO/HomeAway, TripAdvisor etc), payments terms and conditions are governed by that respective site's policy.
•Address, driving directions, passcodes and check in instructions will be provided after balance is paid and emailed to your address 7 days prior to check in.
•Check in is 4:00 PM ET and check out is 10:00 AM ET unless pre-arranged otherwise in advance. Late check outs are subject to a $25.00 charge per half hour if not vacated by 10:00am EST (see Rental Agreement for details).
*Upon arrival, guest will inspect the cabin and report any damages within one (1) hour.
* Upon checkout guests understand and agree to perform the following before vacating: Place all dirty dishes in the dishwasher and start the machine or wash by hand. A minimum of $50.00 will be charged for excessive cleaning. Turn the thermostat to: 75 degrees (summer), 65 degrees (Winter). Place all trash in the receptacle, secure the hot tub lid, LOCK ALL DOORS AND WINDOWS. Owners will not be held responsible for any item(s) left behind by the guest(s). Owners will not refund any money due to any of these: TV, VCR, DVD, fireplace, jetted tub, hot tub, pool table, gaming system, small appliances, etc. not working or malfunctioning. No refunds will be given for acts of God, loss of electrical power, water, air conditioning, or cable/satellite outages. Refunds will not be given for ANY REASONS after check in. In the event of a mechanical failure, we will make every effort to have all reported malfunctions corrected as promptly as possible during regular business hours. No refunds for early departure, this includes departures due to inclement weather.
* Guest agrees that all personal property on the Premises shall be at the risk of Guest, except as provided by Tennessee State Law. Owner shall not be liable in any manner for loss due to theft or damage sustained by fire or water, howsoever caused, or by any other cause to Guest's personal property. Guest shall be responsible for the cost of repairing the Premises and/or any property that is damaged during Guest's occupancy of the Premises, other than ordinary wear and tear.
* Except as provided by Tennessee State Law, Owner and Agent shall not be liable for claims, demands, causes of action, judgements, attorney's fees, costs, and/or expenses arising from, or connected with, Guest's use or occupancy of the Premises which includes any adjacent Premises; nor claims, demands, causes of action, judgement, attorney's fees, costs and/or expenses for property damage, bodily injuries, or death suffered or caused in or about said Premises which includes any adjacent Premises, resulting directly or indirectly from the acts or neglect of Guest.
• Owners reserve the right to install and operate security devices or image capture/image recording devices on the outside of the property/dwelling where there is no expectation of privacy (front porch only).These recording devises are for the sole purpose of securing the property, driveway, entryway, parking, dwelling and its contents and enforcing occupancy/pet rules. By signing the Rental Agreement and/or making payment for the reservation Guest acknowledges his(her) awareness of presence and operation of such devices on the property, and consents to possibility of Guest’s (and their party) images captured, on behalf of him(her)self and the entire Guest’s party.
•Guest concerns and/or complaints should be in writing, whether by text or e-mail, AND prior to departure, allowing the Owners sufficient time to document and undertake reasonable corrections.
•Violations of rental policies, occupancy, pet and house rules or Rental Agreement conditions will result in immediate termination of stay with no refund of any kind and forfeiture of Rental Deposit.